Saturday, February 27, 2010

The joy and agony of writing

It’s true. I absolutely and completely love writing. From the minute I turn on the computer and open my latest document to the last second I’ve waited to tear myself from the keyboard, I’m enchanted. I’m lost in a world of dreams and words and emotions that are not quite my own and not solely theirs. My characters take me to places and times I’d never have the courage to go to in reality. There are days when the story spills from me in thousands of words, and others when a single scene is written painfully in tattered phrases and broken sentences. Where the emotions start in my stomach and press on my heart and dance in illusive words in my brain till my stumbling fingers give birth to them on a page I have to blink the tears from my eyes to read. God, I love it. Thank you for this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment